Inspire your peers. Share high quality STEM content!
"Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of\
their students." - Solomon Ortiz
It's that time of the year again! The time where parents joyfully fill their children's backpacks with shiny new school supplies and teachers spend hours prepping for a classroom full of new faces!
Some of you may be jumping for joy. The kids are out of your house and you can finally get a little peace and quiet.
Others may not be quite so excited. You'd really just like some time to relax, or maybe have a little extra time for lesson planning.
Let us help make your life just a little bit easier with free, ready-to-go STEM content from CK-12!
If you didn't already know, CK-12 is a nonprofit organization striving to provide free access to high-quality, K-12, STEM resources for anybody, anywhere, on any device. We have over 5,000 concepts and Flexbooks for math and science in multiple modalities including: text, videos, simulations, real world applications, lesson plans, flashcards, study guides, practice and assessments.
This year, for back to school, we've made a tool to easily share a CK-12 concept including multiple modalities with a friend or colleague. All you need to do is:
- Go to http://flexbook.org/backtoschool/
- Select a concept to share from our 10 samples
- Send free STEM content to your fellow teachers
The teachers you share with will receive a sample CK-12 science or math concept
of your choosing in their email inbox. The email will allow them to see the sample as well as search for a science or math concept that suits their needs better.
The benefits of using CK-12 STEM content are:
- Free digital Flexbooks (state and national standards-aligned, flexible, digital textbooks) and concepts for Math and Science subjects including Biology, Chemistry, Algebra and more.
- Fully customizable content - add, remove, rearrange, or create new content!
- STEM content explained in multiple modalities: text, videos, exercises, quizzes, interactive simulations, real world applications, etc...
- All content is available online, in print, and/or on any device (iPads, Android tablets, Kindles, etc.)